International Visitor Program
The artist Hedvig Winge during speed date portfolio presentation in 2016. Photo: Klaudia Lech
Curators, writers and gallerists come from all over the world to explore Oslo’s art scene.
Through the international visitor program we invite prominent curators, gallerists and writers to Oslo to strengthen the network between Oslo based artists and the international art scene. The international guests visits artists of their own choice at their individual studios and we also organize a juried portolio viewing in the format of a speed-date session where the artists do portfolio presentations on a one-to-one bases with our international guests. The goal is increased internationalization of Oslo’s art field.
The program took place for the first time in 2014 and is now a collaboration between Oslo Open, Norwegian Crafts, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, overseas Embassies and Consulates of Norway and Adam Mickiewicz Institute in Poland.
The jury for the portfolio viewing 2017 is:
Tora Endestad Bjørkheim, artist and founding editor of Grafters Quarterly, Oslo
Solveig Lønseth, artist, Oslo
Jan Christensen, artist, Oslo/Berlin
International Visitors 2017:
Maria Arusoo, Director of the Center for Contemporary Arts Estonia, Ballin
• Andrew Berardini, Writer and curator based in Los Angeles
• Marina Bobyleva, Curator at Triumph Gallery, in Moscow
• Hyeyoung Cho, independent curator, teacher and writer, based in Seoul
• Sonia Dermience, Founding director of Komplot in Brussels
• Prajna Desai, Independent writer and curator based in Mumbai
• Ory Dessau, Independent writer and curator based in Berlin
• Alex Gilbert, Design Specialist at Artsy.net, New York
• Krzysztof Gutfrański, independent curator and researcher based in Torun and Belo Horizonte
• Daniel Ho, Editor-in-Chief at Randian Magazine
• Jean-Paul Jaquet, independent curator and member of Etablissement d’en face in Brussels
• Inga Lāce, curator at the Latvian Centre for Contemporary Art (LCCA), Riga
• Alvin Li, Editor at Ullens Centre for Contemporary Art, Beijing
• Hélène Meisel assistant curator, at the Centre Pompidou-Metz, France
• Daniel Muzyczuk, Head of Modern Art Department at the Muzeum Sztuki in Łódź, Poland
• Henriette Noermark, Independent Curator and writer in Copenhagen
• Patrick Parrish, editor MONDOBLOGO
• Audrius Pocius, curator and educator at Contemporary Art Centre in Vilnius.
• Susanne Prinz, Director of Kunstverein am Rosa–Luxemburg–Platz, Berlin
• Stanisław Ruksza, Director of TRAFO Center for Contemporary Art in Szczecin, Poland
• Suvi Saloniemi, Curator Design Museum Helsinki
• Shannon Stratton, Chief Curator, Museum of Arts and Design in New York
• Nanna Strøjer, Director of CHART DESIGN
• Sally Szwed, Director of the Creative Time Summit, New York
• Sabrina Tarasoff, independent curator and writer based in Los Angeles
• Nienke Vijlbrief, co-founder and artistic director of P/////AKT, Amsterdam
• Vlado Velkov, curator of Kunstverein Arnsberg, Germany
• Wendy Vogel, writer and independent curator based in Brooklyn, New York
• Robert Van de Werdt, co-founder and artistic director of P/////AKT, Amsterdam
National Visitors 2017:
• Hanne Mugaas, director and curator at Kunsthall Stavanger
• Tatiana Lozano, Curator at FELT galleri, Bergen
• Jannecke Meyer Utne, Conservator Lillehammer kunstmuseum
• Carl Martin Furby, Curator Kunsthall Trondheim
• Hanne Gudrun Gulljord, Curator, Tromsø Kunstforening
• Ingrid Blekestad, Director Kunstbanken Hedemark, Hamar
• Anne Szefer Karlsen, Independent Curator and writer based in Bergen
• Marie Nerland, founder and director of Volt, Bergen
• Julie Lillelien Porter, Artistic director Lydgalleriet, Bergen
Previous international visitors
• Agnieszka Knap, Project manager Konsthantverkscentrum, Stockholm
• Agnieszka Pindera, curator POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews, Warszaw
• Ahu Antmen, independent art critic and curator, Istanbul
• Aileesh Carew, Project Director Design and Crafts Council of Ireland, Kilkenny
• Alexandra Jelleberg, Ferrin Contemporary North Adams, USA
• Alison Britton, Artist, London
• Anna Frost, Founder and Director, PLANES; Co-Director, TOVES Copenhagen
• Anna Margrethe Pedersen, Artists and curator Years, Copenhagen
• Anthony Salvador, curator and founder of Frankfurt am Main, Berlin
• Antoine Levi, gallerist, Paris
• Antonio Grulli, Independent Curator, Bologna
• Benjamin Lignel, editor Art Jewelry Forum, Paris
• Christopher Kline, Artist and founding director Kinderhook & Caracas, Berlin
• Cynthia Reeves, Director Cynthia Reeves Galleries, North Adams, USA
• Emiliano Pistacchi, curator and founder of Frankfurt am Main, Berlin
• Jennifer Teets, independent curator and Writer, Paris
• Jennifer Zwilling, Curator of artistic programs The Clay Studio, Philadelphia
• Joanna Zielińska, Curator, Center of Contemporary Art – Ujazdowski Castle Warszawa
• Julij Rybakov, artist, human rights activist, member of Pusjkinskaja, 10, St. Petersburg
• Magdalena Komornicka, curator at Zachęta – National Gallery of Art, Warszaw
• Mareike Dittmer, Co-publisher frieze d/e & Publishing Consultant Frieze, Berlin
• Merete Vyff Slyngborg, Artists and curator Years, Copenhagen
• Dr. Michaela Braesel, Handwerkskammer für München und Oberbayern, München
• Michał Woliński, Curator, writer and gallerist Piktogram, Warszaw
• Olivia Gaultier, Assistant Curator Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, Paris
• Paul Clinton Assistant editor Frieze, London
• Renaud Proch, executive director Independent Curators International, New York
• Sergej Kovalskij, Director Pusjkinskaja, 10, St. Petersburg
• Sol Calero, Artist and founding co-director Kinderhook & Caracas, Berlin
• Dr. Stephen Knott, Teaching Fellow Kingston University, London
• Yuko Ikeda, Senior Curator The National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto
• Alexandra Landré, independent Curator, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
• Amira Gad, Serpentine Gallery, London, UK.
• Andrew Mummery, Mummery+Schnelle, London, UK.
• Cecilia Andersson, Bildmuseet Umeå, Umeå, Sweden.
• Elena Gubanova, National Centre of Contemporary Art, St. Petersburg, Russia.
• Elena Yaichnikova, MMOMA, Moskva, Russia.
• Eva Gun Jensen, Luleå Konsthall, Luleå, Sweden.
• Helena Vilalta Contesa, Afterall, London, UK.
• Hutch Wilco, National Museum of NZ, New Zealand.
• Jakob Vengeberg Aevel, ARoS, Aarhus, Denmark.
• Jennifer Piejko, Flash Art, Performa, E- Flux, New York, USA.
• Liang Kengang, Yuan Art Museum, Beijing, China.
• Kit Leunbach, Den Frie Utstillingsbygning, Copenhagen, Denmark.
• Kristian Nammack, Pioneer Works, New York, USA.
• Lise Pennington, ARoS, Aarhus, Denmark.
• Marlene Ratcliffe, Den Frie Udstillingsbygning, Copenhagen, Denmark.
• Maria Gadegaard, Gl. Holtegaard, Holte, Denmark.
• Marie Kirkegaard, Marie Kirkegaard Gallery, Copenhagen, Danmark.
• Nicolas Audreau, independent Curator, Paris, France.
• Niekoolas J. Lekkerkerk, The Office for Curating, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
• Paul Clinton, FRIEZE, London, UK.
• Pernille Fonnesbech, Kunstmuseet Gl. Strand, Copenhagen, Denmark.
• Pooja Sood, independent Curator and Art Management Consultant, New Dehli, India.
• Rachel Withers, Artforum, Guardian, London, UK.
• Stefano Collicelli Cagol, independent Curator, Italy/London.
• Tina Zhang Ting, China Academy of Art, Shanghai, China.
• Valentin Diakonov, Kommersant, FRIEZE, Moscow, Russia.
• Živilė Etevičiūtė, The Nati, Vilnius, Lithuania.
• Alice Motard, Curator Spike Island, Bristol, UK.
• Anton Belov, Director The Garage Moscow, Russia.
• Astad Vaiciulyte, Curator CAC Vilnius, Lithuania.
• Birgitte Kirkoff, Director Soro Kunstmuseum, Denmark.
• Camilla Larsson, curator Bonniers Konsthall, Stockholm, Sweden.
• Christian Alan Dete, Curator, Paris, France.
• Henriette Bretton Meyer, Kunsthall Charlottenborg, Denmark.
• Jamie Stevens, Curator Cubitt, UK.
• Jean Marc Avrille, Curator, Paris, France.
• Johan Gustavsson, Curator from gallery 1646, Hague, Netherlands.
• Julia Geerlings, Curator Jeanine Hofland Contemporary Art, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
• Lucas Gehrmann, Curator Kunsthalle Wien, Austria.
• Nathalie Åhlbeck, Curator INDEX Stockholm, Sweden.
• Marianne Zamecznik, independent Curator, Oslo – Berlin.
• Robert Leckie, Director Gas Works, London, UK.
• Maria Fusco, Curator Edinburgh, UK.
• Magda Lipska, Curator Museum of Contemporary Art, Wasaw, Poland.
• Ula Tornau, Curator, Vilnius, Lithuania.
• Sam Thorne, Curator TATE, UK.
• Verena Platzgummer, Curator Kunstwerk Institute for Contemporary Art, Berlin, Germany.
• Vanessa Boni, Curator Liverpool Biennal, UK.